THE AGU NA EBERE CLEAN WATER AND HYGIENE PROJECT
Our story begins in a small community called Agu Na Ebere in Imo State, Nigeria, Africa. Agu Na Ebere is from the Nigerian tribe called the Igbos. This tribe is considered one of the lost tribes of Israel and they are now connecting back to their Jewish root. Click here to learn more.
Agu Na Ebere has been forgotten by local, state and federal government officials. In addition to needing clean drinking water, this community is in dire need of many other things including medical care and access to good schools. Life is hard there, and people do not have access to basic life necessities.
LLEM International, Inc. is committed to improving the living conditions for the 6,000 residents who reside in Agu Na Ebere.
Currently, the biggest problem facing community members is that they do not have access to a clean water source and they are forced to gather water from a contaminated water source that seeps and oozes. In this rural location, water filters through the soil from beneath the surface without a defined channel and is highly polluted. We at LLEM International think that the people of Agu Na Ebere deserve better things. Unclean drinking water causes myriad health problems and can even lead to death.
WATER-BORNE ILLNESSES AND PREVENTABLE DISEASES IN AGU NA EBERE
|● Dysentery||● Salmonella||● Giardia|
|● Typhoid Fever||● Cholera|
LLEM International, a nonprofit organization is committed to rescuing the people of Agu Na Ebere by providing clean drinking water. Our work doesn’t end there. We also are committed to providing community members with other things to improve their hard lives, including care packages to meet their hygiene needs.
We are pleased to announce the launching of the new Agu Na Ebere Clean Water and Hygiene Project to help the community of Agu Na Ebere. Our goal is to raise $180,000 to change lives for the 6,000 children and adults who reside there.
The Agu Na Ebere Clean Water and Hygiene Project will have a broad and sustainable positive impact and will empower and strengthen the Agu Na Ebere community. The project will:
- Reduce the high rate of mortality due to a highly contaminated water
- Decrease the number of cases of preventable illnesses
- Bring an end to plastic bottle pollution in the community
We want to ensure the community doesn’t have to face water-borne illnesses and preventable diseases. such as cholera and typhoid fever. We want to ensure a new generation of healthy children and young adults. But having access to clean water and hygiene items costs money, and we need your help!
In July, 2018 LLEM built the first of two water wells in Agu Na Ebere was completed, click here to watch the well construction.
OUR PLAN FOR REVITALIZING THE AGU NA EBERE COMMUNITY HAS TWO PARTS:
1) We will drill two wells in the middle of the community to provide clean water sources
2) We will hand out care packages to all 6,000 residents on a regular basis, which will consist of hand sanitizers, soap, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, lotions, tissues and washcloths. We will also provide women and girls with access to proper sanitary items. Click here to learn more.
We want this to be an extraordinary celebration for this community since they have never had clean water!
“I’m grateful to God for what He has done through all of us in Agu Na Ebere. Now Agu Na Ebere has clean water. This is the time to celebrate the victory. This is a demonstration that we can change any situation with the power that God has given us. When we put our efforts, strength and resources together, we can make a lasting effect and change.” Click here to read more.
Matthew 25:35 says, “I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink.”
Let’s make Matthew’s words come to fruition!
We encourage you to get your network involved. We can change lives and fulfill God’s promises with your help and support. Regardless of how big or small your donation might be, it can help this community to be forever changed.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO HELP:
1) Check out the LLEM website to learn more about our work in Nigeria, Africa and share our work with your family and friends www.lleminternational.com
2) Click on our brand new video launching our campaign for Agu Na Ebere. https://vimeo.com/267373326
3) Make a donation to the Agu Na Ebere Clean Water and Hygiene Project.