Lamp & Light Evangelical Ministries Inc. (LLEM International) (EIN: 81-1454115) is a 501(c)(3) Christian Missionary Organization with a mandate of reaching out to the basic needs of men, women and children. We aim to empower and impact lives. We present the word of God as a solution to global crisis. Our goal is to help as many hurting humans as we possibly can. We strive to eliminate human suffering and to express love as a fundamental element for human development and international cooperation.
We provide food, clothing, educational materials and medical care to the less privileged throughout the world.
It’s not about what we can do on our own, but it’s about what we all can do together to reach the world in sharing love and in making a difference in people’s lives.
The mission of LLEM International is to use God’s love and kindness as a way to solve the global crisis of poverty. We seek to engage God’s flock who want to work with us to alleviate human suffering. We want to bring more love to God’s children by providing food, clothes and shelter to poor children in Africa, Europe and the United States.
Our vision is simple. We want God’s children to have stable lives where they feel empowered physically, emotionally and spiritually. This can only be accomplished by alleviating their poverty and suffering and by providing them with basic human needs.
● Integrity: Our strong belief in God helps guide our vision, mission and practice. We live our lives with integrity.
● Accountability: We believe that we are accountable both to God and man in whatever we receive.
● Excellence: We strive to do our work to the best of our ability. We strive to work mindfully and within the true spirit of God's excellency.
With the help of Christ’s love, we focus on four primary areas in each of the counties we serve.
● Providing underprivileged children with access to medical care.
● Providing children with food and clothes.
● Promoting educational opportunities for all children with a particular emphasis on educating girls.
● Presenting the word of God.
Sadly, we are failing our children due to the devastating and protracted effects of poverty both in the U.S. and worldwide. Statistics bear witness to the dire state of God’s kingdom:
● More than 30% of children in developing countries – about 600 million – live on less than $1 (U.S.) a day.
● Every 3.6 seconds one person dies of starvation. Usually it is a child under the age of 5. (http://www.unicef.org/mdg/poverty.html)
● More than 1 billion children are severely deprived of at least one of the essential goods and services they require to survive, grow and develop.
● Some 300 million children go to bed hungry every day. Of these, only 8% are victims of famine or other emergency situations. More than 90% are suffering long-term malnourishment and micronutrient deficiency.
● Poverty doesn’t just affect children living in Africa. It affects children living in the United States too, especially in South Carolina where LLEM has its U.S. headquarters.
In too many places, governments are failing to provide access to basic needs such as food, clothing and medical care. Government corruption and a lack of an effective governmental infrastructure (especially in Africa) only compounds this problem. LLEM believes all children deserve access to clothes, food and basic medical care. Our deep love of Christ and our strong belief that people are compassionate guides our daily work and helps us fulfill God’s vision for a more perfect world.
The crown is a powerful symbol of royalty. We are all created to be Kings and Queens by the creator, and to live lives full of potential.
Kingship is in our DNA. For us to function in this capacity, we need the collaborative efforts of people of all socioeconomic backgrounds. As we join together, with God at the center, our impact becomes great.