At LLEM International, we believe that child sponsorship has the power to drive change that affects children’s lives, their families lives, and entire communities.
SPONSOR A CHILD
When you sponsor a child, you’re helping to ensure they can grow up healthy and safe—no matter where they were born. And you invest in their education . Too many children in Nigeria aren’t getting the opportunity to reach their full potential. As a sponsor in our monthly child sponsorship program, your donation can open hearts, minds, and doors for children who desperately need it
Are you ready to take on this godly challenge?
What You Receive When You Sponsor a Child:
- A welcome kit, including a photo and information about your child
- The opportunity to write letters back and forth with your child
- Annual updates and ongoing print communications highlighting the impact your monthly donation is making on your child and in the community where they live
- The joy of knowing you’re truly making a difference!
Learn How Sponsorship Works
LLEM International is currently the only organization working in the communities we support. These communities are located in two rural areas of Nigeria. These are communities forgotten about by the Nigerian government. LLEM cannot let these people suffer. They need our help. Today, hundreds of Americans support LLEM International as donors, sponsors, and supporters. You can be one of them.
When you sponsor a child, you’re not only helping to support a girl or boy as they grow and learn. Your monthly support gets combined with the support of other sponsors, ultimately helping LLEM International ensure that all children, regardless of whether they have a sponsor, are receiving the life-changing benefits of sponsorship.
When you choose to sponsor a child, you can choose to sponsor a young child or an older child. You can also select which gender you wish to sponsor and what your preferred location is. Once matched, you’ll receive a welcome kit that includes more information about your sponsored child, including a photo and information about how you’re changing lives in your sponsorship community. As you watch your ongoing support work to transform the life of your child, you’ll continue to get updates on how your sponsorship is making an incredible difference.
Why Sponsor a Child?
How would you feel if you didn’t have enough food to eat at night and were not sure where your next meal would come from? Can you imagine not having shoes to wear to school? Can you imagine being sick but not being able to afford to go to the doctor?
This scenario is what it’s like for thousands of children who live in Asa, Nigeria, and in surrounding communities—children like Favor.
Favor lives in Asa, Nigeria, one of the communities LLEM supports. Favor’s parents cannot provide basic necessities for her, such as food and nice clothes, even though they work hard trying to provide for her and for her little brother, Nicholas. Favor’s mom sells cold beverages by the side of the road and Favor’s father makes his living selling organic yams, but their meager incomes are insufficient.
Unlike the United States and many other developed nations, there is no government safety net to help Favor and her parents. There are no food banks, no unemployment insurance, and no thrift stores to buy low-cost clothes at and no food stamp. But there is LLEM International. We are here for Favor and for hundreds of children just like her. Our child sponsorship program saves souls and saves lives.
LLEM International wants to help Favor and her family, but we need a small army of supporters to stand with us.
For a small monthly donation of just $35, you can make a difference in the life of a poor Nigerian child. For $35 a month, here’s what Favor will receive:
- Food –A hot lunch at the Asa basic school that LLEM supports
- Clothes – One new school uniform so Favor can be properly dressed for school
- Shoes – A new set of school shoes
- Medical Care – Access to medical care if the child gets sick
- Discipleship – Monthly financial support helps teach the children to love and to respect God and to learn how he wants them to live. Every day children memorize a verse of Scripture and are taught how to apply it to their lives. They share with other children how God is speaking truth into their young lives. This spiritual growth leads to wisdom, building them up in faith and in devotion. Just like the case of Timothy in the Bible, we teach love. We help young minds discover their God-given talents. We also show them how they can have a significant impact on their community by serving others.
Without your support, Favor’s life won’t get better due to the impacts of daily, unrelenting poverty. Poverty impacts the lives of children like Favor in many debilitating ways.
Some Facts About Poverty in Africa and Nigeria
More than 30% of children in developing countries—about 600 million—live on less than $1 a day, according to UNICEF:
- The 86.9 million Nigerians now living in extreme poverty represent nearly 50% of its estimated 180 million population. As Nigeria faces a major population boom—it will become the world’s third largest country by 2050—it’s a problem that will likely worsen. But having large swathes of people still living in extreme poverty is an Africa-wide problem.
- Even though primary education is officially free and compulsory, about 10.5 million of the country’s children aged 5–14 years old are not in school. Only 61 percent of 6- to 11-year-olds regularly attend primary school, and only 35.6 percent of children aged 3–5 years old receive early childhood education.
Are you ready to take the next step? Are you ready to heed God’s calling? The emotional and spiritual rewards you will receive are VAST.
Ready to get started?
1) Once you’ve made the decision to sponsor a child, prayerfully browse through our gallery, read the student profiles, and then select the child you wish to sponsor.
2) Complete the child sponsorship form and select your sponsorship and payment options. In order to make it simple, LLEM suggests setting up a recurring monthly donation on your bank card. Other donation methods are available too.
3) Once we process your payment information, you will receive a confirmation letter from us with a more formal biography of your child.
4) You can then begin communicating with your child on a regular basis! We’ll give you some guidelines on the type of letter you can write. Then you can send your personal message to your sponsored child by emailing it to email@example.com. The children love receiving letters!
MATCH FOR THE HEART
LLEM International invites you to look through our ``Match for the Heart`` database to find a child you are interested in sponsoring. By answering the following questions, you'll find a great match and you'll be ready to change a life!