Sponsoring a child pays eternal rewards. With only a little more than a dollar a day, you can sponsor a child with LLEM. Many families in the USA spend 10 times that on a single visit to a fast food restaurant. Missing one meal could have a profound impact on the life of a child.
SPONSOR A CHILD
Poverty impacts the lives of children throughout the world, with more than 30% of children in developing countries—about 600 million—living on less than $1 a day according to UNICEF
- The 86.9 million Nigerians now living in extreme poverty represent nearly 50% of its estimated 180 million population. As Nigeria faces a major population boom—it will become the world’s third largest country by 2050—it’s a problem that will likely worsen. But having large swathes of people still living in extreme poverty is an Africa-wide problem.
- Even though primary education is officially free and compulsory, about 10.5 million of the country’s children aged 5–14 years old are not in school. Only 61 percent of 6- to 11-year-olds regularly attend primary school, and only 35.6 percent of children aged 3–-5 years old receive early childhood education.
WHEN YOU SPONSOR A CHILD, HERE'S WHAT YOU PROVIDE :
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."
Education is the best way to remove the barriers of poverty and help those less fortunate gain the skills they need to better their lives. We provide Christian-based education to the children in our school, through pre-school, tutoring and after-school education programs. You have the opportunity to supply your sponsored child’s educational needs to ensure they get what they need for a solid life foundation.
"...train up a child in the way that he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
2. FOOD & WATER
School children are provided access to clean water and nutritious meals at least five days a week, while those at the orphanage are fed seven days a week.
3. MEDICAL CARE
Illnesses such as malaria, typhoid, and cholera are predominant in Africa, especially in rural communities. These preventable illnesses destroy the lives of adults and children. Orphans and the disadvantaged children are especially prone to suffering from poor healthcare. Consequently, many lives have been lost to preventable and treatable minor illnesses and diseases. We are on a mission to meet their needs and point them to Jesus Christ.
We provide ongoing discipleship programs to teach the children about the love of God – and to learn how He wants us to live. Every day, children memorize a verse of Scripture and are taught how to apply it to their lives. They share with other children how God is speaking truth into their young lives. This spiritual growth leads to wisdom, building them up in their faith, as in the case of Timothy in the Bible. We help them discover their God-given talents. We also show them how they can have a significant impact on their community by serving others.
We are able to help them discover their God-given talents. We also show them how they can have a significant impact on their world by serving others through community outreaches as well as caring for others.
As Vince Lombardi said: leaders are made, not born! They are made by hard effort, which is the price all of us must pay to achieve a worthwhile goal. As the children grow older, we introduce them to various trades and career options. Then, we prepare them to acquire the needed skills. Our goal is to see the children grow and become the leaders and the transformers that are needed to change their communities, their country and all of Africa.
GETTING STARTED IS AS EASY AS A-B-C-D
- A) Once you’ve made the decision to sponsor a child, prayerfully browse through our gallery and select the child you wish to sponsor.
- B) Complete the form and select your sponsorship and payment options. Make it simple; set up a recurring monthly donation on your bank card. Other giving methods are available, too.
- C) Once we process your information, you will receive a confirmation letter from us.
- D) Send your personal message to your sponsored child by emailing it to: email@example.com.
MATCH FOR THE HEART
LLEM International invites you to look through our ``Match for the Heart`` database to find a child you are interested in sponsoring. By answering the following questions, you'll find a great match and you'll be ready to change a life!